Home WarrantyAB Homes Home Owner's Warranty
We’ve Got You Covered
Standard Virginia warranties cover one year of surety coverage against defects in workmanship and materials. But this is your home we’re talking about, with lots of nooks and crannies. AB Homes is proud to partner with 2-10 Home Buyer Warranty, to bring you a comprehensive Homeowner’s Warranty that includes:
- 10 years of structural defect coverage for load-bearing components*
- 2 years of systems surety coverage against wiring, piping, and ductwork in electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilating, and mechanical systems
- 1 year of surety coverage against defects in workmanship and materials
In your closing packet, you’ll receive:
- Closing letter
- Home Warranty booklet with details of the 2-10 Home Buyer Warranty
- Emergency contact sheet
We hope you will never need to use your warranty, but it’s good to know you’re fully covered if you do.
*Please be sure to read and understand your structural home warranty contract. If you have questions, please call 1-800-811-8787.
Please note: Some of your new home’s systems also come with a manufacturers’ warranty. We have provided you with that information in your homeowner packet. Please contact them directly to resolve any issues. For emergencies, please refer to the emergency contact sheet given to you in your closing packet.
3 Easy ways to Submit a Warranty Claim!
All Warranty Claims must be submitted through our website in one of the following ways to be processed.
Go to the Homeowner Portal
Call (800) 811-8787
Warranty Claim Form
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® Interactive House
Warranty Claims Process
As soon as you close on your new home, it is under the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® protection provided by AB Homes. All Warranty Claims must be submitted through our website.
See your 3 options above.
After you have been in your home for 11 months, AB Homes will send you a letter that reminds you that your 1 year warranty is about to expire. This is your opportunity to resolve any outstanding warranty requests. All warranty requests must be submitted through our website before your warranty expires.
Please Note the Non-Warrantied items:
Your 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® lists the specific coverage for those items detailed in your Home Warranty Booklet and Certificate of Warranty Coverage.
There are some items that are not covered by your warranty such as wind damage, erosion from rain or storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, tropical storms, Nor’easters or any other acts of God. Concrete is not a warrantied item. Cracks will naturally occur on concrete flatwork, such as garages, driveways, sidewalks, porches and patios from movement and temperature changes. In addition, your vehicle can pick up chemicals from roadways and then drip onto your concrete. It is recommended that you wash all chemicals off the concrete.
For more specific exclusions, please refer to your Home Warranty Booklet and Certificate of Warranty Coverage.
For questions, please call the AB Homes warranty administrator at (800) 811-8787
What to expect after you have made a Claim
Once you have submitted a warranty claim, an AB Homes warranty administrator will review your warranty request and reach out to you in a timely manner. They will also provide you with the applicable warranty standard matched to your specific request including any non-covered items.
Once your warranty request is approved, AB Homes will schedule an appointment for the repairs to be made. All warranty claim repairs must be scheduled Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M & 4:30 P.M. No warranty repairs will be scheduled outside of these specific times.
The AB Homes warranty administrator will be in touch with you every step of the way until all covered repairs are completed and will retain all documentation and correspondence related to your warranty requests for 10 years.
What it means to be Partnered with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty®
BUYING DECISION SIMPLIFIED
Buying a new home is one of the largest investments you will ever make, which is why it’s important to ensure your home comes with protection. As a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® (2-10 HBW) builder member, AB Homes provides every home we build with 10 full years of structural home warranty protection from the nation’s leading home warranty company.
What does being a 2-10 HBW member mean for your home?
2-10 HBW only accepts the best builders into their program. To become a member, AB Homes went through an extensive screening process that measures our building practices against strict underwriting guidelines to ensure we maintain a high quality product in addition to a careful inspection of our workmanship.
With the purchase of your new home, you’ll receive a copy of the structural home warranty contract that explains what is covered as well as a maintenance booklet to give you tips on how to care for your home. In addition, the warranty is fully-transferable, which increases the resale value of your home.
- 10 full years of structural defect coverage for load-bearing components.
- 2 full years of systems surety coverage against defects in wiring, piping, and ductwork in electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilating, and mechanical systems.
- 1 full year of surety coverage against defects in workmanship and materials.
*Please take the time to read and understand your structural home warranty contract. Call us at (800) 488-8844 with questions about any part of the warranty you do not understand.
Online Warranty Claim Form.
Once you submit your online home warranty claim form below, this is what you can expect.
- An AB Homes warranty administrator will review your warranty request and reach out to you in a timely manner. They will also provide you with the applicable warranty standard matched to your specific request including any non-covered items.
- Once your warranty request is approved, AB Homes will have the appropriate subcontractor contact you directly to schedule your repairs.
- Until all covered repairs are completed, the AB Homes warranty administrator will be in touch with you every step of the way and will retain all documentation and correspondence related to your warranty requests for 10 years.